What Is Accounting (Basic Accounting)?
The Basic Accounting program is designed to improve accounting skills and is open to all Canadians. This course focuses on teaching students the basics of manual accounting such as the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and double-entry bookkeeping. The course also teaches students journalizing skills and posting to the ledgers, along with the knowledge of how to complete trial balances and prepare financial statements.
Upon completion of the program, students will have gained insight into basic manual accounting principles and will be ready for further studies in accounting using software such as Sage 50 and Quickbooks or proceeding to CIES’ Advanced Accounting program. Students are encouraged to take Sage 50 or QuickBooks upon completion of this program.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will obtain a certificate of achievement.
Am I Eligible?
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada, Refugee, Canadian Citizen, or individual with a Work Permit or Work Visa.
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Level of 4 or higher in all English skills.
- The cost for Accounting (Basic Accounting) is $115 + $5 Admin fee for Citizens, Permanent Residents (PR) and Refugees.
- The cost for Accounting (Basic Accounting) is $225 + $5 Admin fee for Work Permits / Work Visas.
When Is This Class?
- Classes run for 8 weeks (part-time) for each session. Each session is 24 hours long.
- New classes start every month. Register anytime.
- Class-times are held on Saturdays:
- Morning (9:00 am – 12:00 pm).
- Early Afternoon (12:30 pm – 3:30 pm).
Where Is This Class?
- This program is offered at:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society, 1723 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB. T2A 7Y3.
- Questions? Call 403-235-3666 (SE) for more information.