What Is QuickBooks
The QuickBooks accounting training program introduces students to some basic knowledge of accounting principles from the QuickBooks Accounting software. QuickBooks is very commonly used accounting software in the accounting industry. The QuickBooks Accounting Program will train students to complete the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and inventory using the software. Prerequisites: successful completion of the Basic Accounting Program at CIES or passing the accounting waiver test, also available at CIES.
For more information on QuickBooks and its functions, check out their official site here.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will obtain a certificate of achievement.
Am I Eligible?
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada, Refugee, Canadian Citizen, or individual with a Work Permit or Work Visa.
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Level of 4 or higher in all English skills.
- Pre-Requisite: Proof of Basic Accounting credential or successfully pass the FREE CIES Basic Accounting waiver test.
When Is This Class?
- Classes run for 8 weeks (part-time) for each session. Each session is 24 hours long.
- New classes start every month. Register anytime.
- Class times are held on Saturdays:
- Morning (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Early Afternoon (12:30 pm – 3:00 pm)
How Much Does This Class Cost?
- The cost for Accounting (QuickBooks) is $125 + $5 Admin fee for Citizens, Permanent Residents (PR) and Refugees
- The cost for Accounting (QuickBooks) is $260 + $5 Admin fee for Work Permits / Work Visas
Where Is This Class?
- This program is offered at:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society, 1723 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB. T2A 7Y3.
- Questions? Call 403-235-3666 (SE) for more information.
How Do I Join This Class?
To apply for this class, fill out the form below.
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.