What Is LINC Literacy?
The LINC Literacy Program is comprised of four levels of language literacy training: Foundation L, CLB 1L, CLB2L, CLB3L, CLB4L. The LINC Literacy levels are targeted towards immigrants with limited, interrupted or no formal education and who are non-literate or semi-literate in their native tongue. The class will consist of numeracy and digital literacy. The teaching approach is slower, more repetitive, and involves more TPR and visual supports than the regular LINC classroom. The activities relate directly to student needs and are more practical than academic in nature.
On-site parking is also available to students for 15$ a month (full-time). Childminding services are available with our CNC Program.
Am I Eligible?
- Be a Permanent Resident of Canada, or a Conventional Refugee, or a Protected person under IRPA, or a person selected to become PR with an inform letter from IRCC
- Be over 18 years of age
- Completed Placement Test at ILVARC or other IRCC accredited Canadian Language Benchmarks assessments or placement tests.
When Is This Class?
- Up to 25.25 contact hours of training a week.
- Semesters last four months. Clients can register anytime.
- Full-Time (Mon-Thur) 8:30am-2:45pm (Fri) 8:30 – 11:45am
Where Is This Class?
- This program is offered at one locations:
- The Welcome Centre for New Immigrants. 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast. Calgary, AB. T1Y 7L9. For more information, call 403-291-0002.