What is Empowering Youth through Employment (EYE)?
Are you between 15 and 30 years of age? Are you looking for a job? The Empowering Youth through Employment (EYE) Program offers minimum wage benefit support for 24 weeks, while you learn skills that will make you stand out to potential employers.
Suggested for learners with a Canadian Language Benchmark of 5+, there are three parts of the EYE Program:
- Group-based employability skills training will teach you how to find and keep a job. You will also have the opportunity to meet different employers, who will provide presentations related to employment, hiring, and workplace culture. Class is 30 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Gain Canadian work experience through job placement at a local non-profit organization, private business or school. You will work part-time (30 hours per week) for 12 weeks.
- Career counselling offers resources to help you with your finances, education, and employment.
When is it?
Class Intakes (12 weeks)
EYE offers 360 hours of training over 12 weeks with ongoing intake.
- March – May
- June – August
- August – November
- November – February
|EYE Class Schedule|
|Group-Based Employability Skills Training (Classroom)||8:30AM – 3:00PM||8:30AM – 3:00PM||8:30AM – 3:00PM||8:30AM – 3:00PM||8:30AM – 3:00PM||—||—|
|Work Experience Training (Offsite)||**Depends on Employer’s working hours||**||**||**||**||**||**|
Work Experience (12 weeks)
Your work experience schedule is decided between you and the organization where you receive job placement. You will work 30 hours per week for 12 weeks.
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Westwinds (NE)
- #311, 32 Westwinds Crescent Northeast, Calgary, AB T3J 5L3
- Contact (587) 392-4177
What is the cost?
This program is offered for free with no registration fees.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Must be between 15 years and 30 years of age
- Have a recommended Canadian Language Benchmark of 5+
- Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) and actively looking for employment
- A Refugee, Permanent Resident, or a low-income Canadian Citizen
- Committed to completing 3 months of Group Based Employability Skills and 3 months in the Work Experience curriculum
To register for this program, fill out the form below
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.