What is Employment Skills Training (EST)?
Are you new to Canada? Are you looking for a job, but having trouble with your search? We offer FREE Employment Skills Training for landed immigrants and refugees.
In this program, you will study four categories (up to 80 hours in each) that are important for working in Canada:
- Job search skills
- Includes valuable information on accessing hidden job markets, goal setting, knowledge of the Canadian labour market, creating resumes/cover letters, and video portfolios and building a LinkedIn profile.
- Canadian business communication
- Includes training on Canadian business culture, verbal/non-verbal communication, conflict resolution, time management, and much more!
- Computer skills for job readiness
- Includes hands-on experiences with Microsoft Office, online job search sites, and professional software applications (Google suite).
- Seminars and networking opportunities
- Access local events and job fairs while hearing from guest speakers from different industries.
EST students also receive a FREE monthly bus pass while they are enrolled in class.
Is childcare available?
EST students receive $500/month per child to purchase childcare services from a licensed facility while they are enrolled in class.
When is it?
This program has ongoing intake, meaning students can register anytime.
|EST Class Schedule|
|Full-Time Classes||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 11:30AM||—||—|
|Part-Time Classes||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||—||—||—|
|Christmas Break (2 weeks)
December 22th 2018 – January 6th 2019
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Westwinds (NE)
- #311, 32 Westwinds Crescent Northeast, Calgary, AB T3J 5L3
- Contact (587) 392-4177
What is the cost?
This program is offered for free with no registration fees.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Must be a Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Live-In Caregiver
- Canadian Language Benchmarks CLB 4 or higher
- Commitment to complete the 3-month program
To register for this program, fill out the form below
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, please contact one of the individuals below:
- Ms. Annegirl G. Berin, ESP Coordinator
Direct #: (587) 392-4179
- Ms. Jennifer S.G Vibert, ESP Coordinator
Direct #: (587) 392-4178