What is Employment Skills Training (EST)?
Are you new to Canada? Are you looking for a job, but having trouble with your search? We offer FREE Employment Skills Training for landed immigrants and refugees.
In this program, you will study four categories (up to 80 hours in each) that are important for working in Canada:
- Job search skills
- Includes valuable information on accessing hidden job markets, goal setting, knowledge of the Canadian labour market, creating resumes/cover letters, and video portfolios and building a LinkedIn profile.
- Canadian business communication
- Includes training on Canadian business culture, verbal/non-verbal communication, conflict resolution, time management, and much more!
- Computer skills for job readiness
- Includes hands-on experiences with Microsoft Office, online job search sites, and professional software applications (Google suite).
- Seminars and networking opportunities
- Access local events and job fairs while hearing from guest speakers from different industries.
EST students also receive a FREE monthly bus pass while they are enrolled in class.
Is childcare available?
EST students receive $500/month per child to purchase childcare services from a licensed facility while they are enrolled in class.
Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Live-In Caregiver
Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 4 or higher
Commitment to complete 3-month program
#311, 32 Westwinds Cr NE
No Registration Cost
This program has ongoing intake, meaning students can register anytime.
|EST Class Schedule|
|Full-Time Classes||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 2:30PM||8:30AM – 11:30AM||—||—|
|Part-Time Classes||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||—||—||—|
|Christmas Break (2 weeks)
To be announced
Funded / Supported By