Do you like helping people, need experience to add to your resume, or simply enjoy doing tax returns? Volunteer at a free tax clinic to complete tax returns for eligible people in your community. As a CVITP Income Tax Preparer, your primary role will be to file taxes for people with modest incomes and simple situation taxes.
Volunteers complete tax returns for eligible people who have a modest income and a simple tax situation, help direct taxpayers, or assist other volunteers. If you have some work experience or personal experience in filing income taxes and you are as comfortable with crunching numbers as you are with having calm conversations with people, you may be perfect for this role!
After you become a member of the team, you will be required to register and be certified as a CVITP volunteer. This role also requires that you obtain your E-file number and complete CVITP training, which is issued by CRA each year.
• Certified by CVITP as a 2018 volunteer
• Obtain approved 2018 E-file number by CRA – it can take 30 days to be processed.-
• Courses or certification on filing taxes a must
• Accountants and CPA (current or retired) a plus
• Able to commit to minimum of 3-hours weekly from March to April 2019
• Tax Clinic runs Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm