Are you independent and want to work for yourself?
Do you think you have a great idea for a business but don’t know how to start?
Learn how to start the business of your dreams and be the successful entrepreneur you’ve always dreamed about!
What Is Entrepreneurship Development?
The Entrepreneurship development program was created to remove the barriers to YOUR entrepreneurial success. It provides training, education, and guidance on starting a business in Calgary and managing your business’ finances.
In Entrepreneurship Development Training, clients receive 60 hours of training to help with their business initiatives. Training includes:
- Self Assessment & Goal Setting
- Internal and External Environmental Scanning
- Competitor Analysis & Community Resources
- Business Selection
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Management
- Legal and Risk Management
- Record Keeping and Taxes
- Customer Service & Time Management
- Hiring & Human Resource Issues
- Story of a Successful Entrepreneur
The financial literacy part of the program covers:
- The Banking System in Canada
- Building and Managing Credit
- Registered and Non-Registered Saving Products
- Registered Education Savings Plans
- Home Ownership
When and where is Entrepreneurship Development Training?:
- Monday to Thursday, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Welcome Centre for New Immigrants, 3820 – 32ndStreet NE, Calgary
The program accepts only 12 participants per class, so hurry! The last day to register is May 11, 2018.
To be eligible for EDT, you must be a Permanent Resident, Refugee or Canadian citizen with a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 4 or higher and a commitment to attend 60 hours of class. This course is 100% FREE.
To learn more and to apply, click here.
This program is funded by: