What Is The Welcome Resources Information Program?
Offered as an information service for helping newcomers navigate the services they need, the Welcome Resources Information Program (also known as WRIP) provides guidance to services around the city, places of worship, health and housing organizations, but also provides clear directions to other immigrant service providers to help bring our community together and make sure individuals are receiving the most effective help for their situation.
WRIP is here to help guide you through the maze of different services and programs in Calgary. No more aimless searching to find the answers to your questions! We want to help ease your frustration in the new country you call home. WRIP can assist you with:
- Needs Assessments
- Newcomer Information & Orientation
- Education and School System Outlines
- Housing Information
- Settlement Information Sessions
- Referrals to Community Immigrant Services
- Language, Career Development, and Employment Resources
- Assistance in Applying for a Social Insurance Number and Alberta Health Card
- Financial Literacy Workshops and Banking Information
- Community Networking
- Volunteer Opportunities
Am I Eligible?
- Must be over 18 years of age
- WRIP is available to Permanent Residents, Conventional Refugees, Protected Persons, Canadian Citizens, Sponsors, Families, and Visitors
When Is WRIP Available?
- WRIP assists clients in finding required services on a case-by-case basis. To see when WRIP is available, click the Book An Appointment button on the left side of this page.
- If any service is not available in-house, clients will be referred to an appropriate service agency.
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.