Return to Work in Alberta (ROWA)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 situation in Alberta, this service will temporarily be offered online. Click here for a list of contacts.

We Market YOU to Find Employment!

Looking for a job in your field? The Return to Work in Alberta (ROWA) program is your Personalized Employment Advocate! The majority, 80%, of the enrollment spots are for those who currently receive regular Employment Insurance (EI) or who have received it in the past 5 years. The remainder of the enrollments, 20%, is  available for those individuals not eligible for EI currently.

This program provides customized, one-on-one support to help you find the job you are looking for.

This FREE program will:

  • Get your resume in front of more people
  • Connect you with a network of employers and resources
  • Focus your qualifications on securing work in your field
  • Mentor you on the proper techniques for interview success
  • Help you overcome your fears of networking
  • Advocate for your employment


Need more incentive?

We offer additional financial support to ROWA students in three ways:

  1. Funds to help with daycare costs for your children while you are in class
  2. Funds to purchase job equipment
  3. Funds to cover short-term educational courses that will improve your chances of finding a job (up to $2500 in funding)

Offered in partnership with

Eligibility

80% of enrollments open to current recipients of EI (Employment Insurance) or who have received it sometime within the past 5 years.

20% of enrollments are open to individuals not eligible for EI.

Must be a Permanent Resident, Refugee or Canadian Citizen

Over 18 years of age

Must have Canadian work experience

Must be unemployed or underemployed and seeking full-time work

Semester

Dec. 7, 2020 – Jan. 8, 2021
Feb. 8, 2021 – March 5, 2021
May 3, 2021 – May 28, 2021
July 5, 2021 – July 30, 2021
Sept. 1, 2021 – Sept. 28, 2021
Nov. 1, 2021 – Nov. 26, 2021
Jan. 3, 2022 – Jan. 28, 2022
March 1, 2022 – March 28, 2022
May 2, 2022 – May 27, 2022

Location

TIES Whitehorn (NE)
3820 – 32nd Street NE

Cost

Free
No Registration Cost

Schedule

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
10:00AM – 3:30PM 10:00AM – 3:30PM 10:00AM – 3:30PM 10:00AM – 3:30PM 10:00AM – 3:30PM

Funded / Supported By

 

 

 

 

Translate »