What Is Refugees & Newcomers Emotional Wellness (ReNEW)?
This program provides access to emotional support and professional counselling for recently arrived refugees and newcomers. Clients and walk-in participants will be assisted with either a one-on-one consultation or arrangements to see a professional counsellor.
Professional counsellors can provide life-changing strength and support for their clients. An experienced counsellor can help their client overcome issues such as financial stress, alcoholism, anxiety, domestic and psychological abuse, and family issues.
Funding graciously provided by
Am I Eligible?
- Permanent Residents, Refugees & Canadian Citizens over 18 years of age
When Is This Class?
- To see a counsellor, visit either our Northeast or Southeast location between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Where Is This Program?
- This program is offered at two locations:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society: 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB. T2A 7Y3. For more information, call 403-235-3666.
- The Welcome Centre for New Immigrants: 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB. T1Y 7L9. For more information, call 403-291-0002.
- Contact us at 403-291-0002 (Northeast) or 403-235-3666 to schedule an appointment