What is Immigrant Access Counselling (IAC)?
Are you new to Calgary? Are you feeling lost? If you need someone to talk to, we can help. This service is available online: you can get support without even leaving your house!
The Immigrant Access Counselling (IAC) program provides live chat counselling to help you understand your new home in Calgary. We want to help you deal with any challenges you might be facing.
We can help you with:
- Referral to programs (at TIES and other organizations) for language, employment, and settlement
- Traveling by public transit (bus or C-train), and filing an application for a low-cost bus pass
- Joining social groups and meeting new people
- Finding a place of worship like a mosque, church, or synagogue
- Applying for documents like a Social Insurance Number or Alberta Health Card
Open to everyone
Naturalized Canadian Citizens
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Candidates
Available from 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Monday to Friday
No Registration Cost
No set schedule for this program.