What is Foundations in Agricultural-Based Industries for Refugees and Migrants (FARM?)
Are you a new immigrant or refugee? Do you have experience or interest in gardening/agriculture? Join our new FARM program! We offer this program FREE of charge to new immigrants and refugees. Only 13 seats are available.
The FARM program has two parts:
- 8 weeks of in-class training, where you will learn skills to help you find a job in the agricultural industry. The FARM program offers English language training and practical hands-on lessons related to the industry, such as equipment handling, health and safety procedures, and production processes. You will also have the opportunity to go on field trips and listen to guest speakers.
- A paid practicum at one of our host companies, where you will gain work experience and make connections with employers. The practicum will be about 45 hours over 2-3 weeks. You must complete the in-class training to be eligible for the practicum.
Funding provided by:
When is it?
The FARM programs is 8 weeks of in-class training and 2 weeks of on-site practicum. The course runs during the following dates:
- Intake 1 (8 weeks): April 1, 2019 – June 20, 2019
- Intake 2 (8 weeks): July 2, 2019 – September 23, 2019
|FARM Class Schedule|
|Afternoon Class||2:00PM – 5:00PM||2:00PM – 5:00PM||2:00PM – 5:00PM||2:00PM – 5:00PM||—||—||—|
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following location:
- CIES Forest Lawn (SE)
- 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3
- Contact (403) 235-3666
What is the cost?
This program is offered for free with no registration fees.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Open to Newcomers to Canada (Permanent Residents, Refugees)
- Over 18 years of age
- Previous experience or interest in agricultural industry
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or higher (If lower, please call 403-235-3666 and ask for the FARM coodinator, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
To register for this program, fill out the form below.
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.