[tab title=”About” title_icon=”fa fa-home”]
What Is Foundations in Agricultural-Based Industries for Refugees and Migrants (FARM)?
Do you want to work in a growing industry that is always hiring? Do you want to start a career that can take you in many surprising professional directions? Are you experienced or interested in agriculture? Are you looking for a change in life? The FARM program is just for you!
The FARM program offers free of charge 8-week in-class linguistic and professional foundations in agricultural industry and 2-week financially awarded on-site practicum in our host companies. During the in-class sessions, participants will learn about the pathways to a successful career within the agricultural field. Main focus will be on practical topics such as pre-employment, communication essentials, health and safety, technical and non-technical tasks in agricultural industries in Canada. The in-class sessions will touch upon the real skill-based activities, including handling agricultural equipment, health and safety procedures, production processes etc.
Participants can look forward to field trips and various guest speakers from our host companies which will help familiarize them with the agricultural industry’s various environments. Participants who will successfully finish the 8-week in-class course will be placed to one of our host companies for a fully paid on-site practicum.[/tab]
[tab title=”Eligibility” title_icon=”fa fa-check”]
Am I Eligible?
- Open to newcomers to Canada (Permanent Residents, Refugees)
- Over 18 years of age
- Previous experience or interest in agricultural industry
- CLB level 4 or higher (if lower, please contact program coordinator)
[tab title=”Schedule” title_icon=”fa fa-clock-o”]
When Is This Class?
- 96 hours of in-class course in 8 weeks
- 45 hours of on-site practicum in 2 or 3 weeks
- Part time classes: Monday to Thursday afternoon/evening
INTAKE SESSIONS Intake 1 Class: April 2 – May 28 Practicum: June 4 – June 21 Intake 2 Class: July 3 – August 28 Practicum: September 4 – September 21
[tab title=”Locations” title_icon=”fa fa-location-arrow”]
Where Is This Program?
This program is offered at one location:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society: 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB. T2A 7Y3.
- For more information, call 403-235-3666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[tab title=”Register” title_icon=”fa fa-pencil”]
[tab title=”Resources” title_icon=”fa fa-video-camera”]