What is Money Smart Financial Literacy?
Do you want to learn how to save your money, and use it wisely? If you are new to Canada, or if you struggle with money, we can help you understand the financial system.
In the Money Smart Financial Literacy program, you will learn about:
- Financial services in Canada
- The banking system in Canada: choosing a bank, available services, accounts, mortgages, gaining credit, and service fees
- Developing financial skill, knowledge, and confidence
- Basic financial management and budgeting
- Meeting financial obligations
- Workshops, field trips, and special events
- Meetings with professionals and counsellors from different financial groups
When is it?
New dates coming soon.
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Forest Lawn (SE)
- 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3
- Contact (403) 235-3666
- CIES Whitehorn (NE)
- 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9
- Contact (403) 291-0002
What is the cost?
This program is offered free of charge.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Open to Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens and Refugees
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 3 or higher (or native English speakers)
There is no online registration for this program. For more information, please contact Mayssoun Hniedi:
- Call (587) 392-4177 and ask for Mayssoun
- E-mail email@example.com
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.