What Is Literacy & Basic English
The Literacy & Basic English program is specifically designed to help adult immigrants who have extremely low to non-literate language skills acquire the basic essentials required for learning English. Completion of this program will minimize the language-learning obstacles experienced by some individuals and will prepare them for basic conversations and recognition of the English alphabet and words. The program focuses on improving participants’ self-esteem and confidence when speaking the English language.
Am I Eligible?
- This course is available to Permanent Residents, Refugees, and Canadian Citizens
- Must be over 18 years of age
When Is This Class?
- 10 Weeks Part-Time (for a total of 100 Hours Per Session)
- Morning (Mon-Thurs) 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Afternoon (Mon-Thurs) 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Semester Update (one morning and one afternoon class will be held each semester):
Semester 1: April 10, 2017 – June 15, 2017
Semester 2: June 26, 2017 – September 21, 2017
Semester 3: September 25, 2017 – November 30, 2017
Semester 4: December 11, 2017 – March 12, 2018
Where Is This Class?
- This program is only offered at the Calgary Immigrant Educational Society Southeast, at 1723 – 40th Street, SE, Calgary. Questions? Contact us at 403-235-3666.
If you wish to join this course, please visit our Southeast Location to register in person.