What Is Literacy & Basic English
The Literacy & Basic English program is specifically designed to help adults immigrants who have extremely low to non-literate language skills acquire the basic essentials required for learning English. Completion of this program will minimize the language-learning obstacles experienced by some individuals and will prepare them for basic conversations and recognition of the English alphabet and words. The program focuses on improving participants’ self-esteem and confidence when speaking the English language. It is open to both men and women.
Am I Eligible?
- Available to Permanent Residents, Refugees, and Canadian Citizens
- Be over 18 years of age
When Is This Class?
- 10 Weeks Part-Time (100 Hours Per Session)
- Morning (Mon-Thurs) 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Afternoon (Mon-Thurs) 12:30pm – 3:00pm
- Semester Update:
November 7, 2016 – January 26, 2017
January 30, 2017 – April 6, 2017
Where Is This Class?
- This program is only offered at the Calgary Immigrant Educational Society. 1723 – 40th Street, SE, Calgary. Questions? Contact us at 403-235-3666.
Online Registration Coming Soon.
If you wish to join this course, please visit our Southeast Location to register in person.