What Is Drop-In ESL?
The Drop-In ESL program is taught by volunteers and helps adult immigrants improve their English skills by exploring weekly themes and practical subjects which are directly related to daily living and employability skills. Aimed at helping Drop-in ESL participants adapt and integrate smoothly into Canadian society, three different levels of classes are offered: pre-basic, basic, and intermediate/advanced. This program is ideal for those who have to fit classes around family needs or work schedules or those who are not eligible for LINC (such as Canadian citizens).
Am I Eligible?
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada, Refugee, or Canadian Citizen, or have a valid Work Permit, Work Visa, or Visitor status.
- Be over 18 years of age
- The cost for Drop-In ESL is $15 for 1 month or $60 for 4 months for Citizens, Permanent Residents (PR) and Refugees.
- The cost for Drop-In ESL is $145 for 1 month for Work Permits / Work Visas / Visitors
When Is This Class?
- Classes run for 10 weeks (part-time) for each session. Each session is 100 hours.
- Class-times are broken down into the following options, Monday to Thursday:
- Afternoon (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Evening (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
Where Is This Class?
- This program is offered at:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society, 1723 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3.
- Questions? Call 403-235-3666 (SE) for more information.
How Do I Join This Class?
To apply for this class, fill out the form below.
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.