What is Computer Access for Literacy Learners (CALL)?
Learning how to use a computer can be a challenge if you struggle with reading or writing in English. Luckily, we offer the Computer Access for Literacy Learners (CALL) program. In this 30-hour program, you will learn the basics of using a computer from an experienced instructor who is trained in low-level language and literacy education. Classes are beginner-friendly, hands-on, and easy to follow.
Our instructors will teach you important computer skills for everyday tasks, including:
- Internet search
- Social media
- Basic software
When is it?
Training is 3 hours each week for 10 weeks. You can register for classes anytime at two of our locations:
|CIES Forest Lawn (SE) Class Schedule|
|CIES Whitehorn (NE) Class Schedule|
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Forest Lawn (SE)
- 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3
- Contact (403) 235-3666
- CIES Forest Lawn – Email
- CIES Whitehorn (NE)
- 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9
- Contact (403) 291-0002
- CIES Whitehorn – Email
What is the cost?
- Low-income individuals: FREE
- Non low-income individuals: $75.00
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility.
- Must be enrolled in our Literacy and Basic English Program OR have Canadian Language Benchmark CLB 4L to CLB 2
- Have legal status that will allow you to study in Canada for the 10-week course
- Have limited computer skills
To register for this program, fill out the form below.
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.