What is Pre & Post Canadian Workplace Training (CWT)?
Are you looking for a job? Is English your second language? Pre & Post Canadian Workplace Training can help you find an entry-level job by offering both English and job-specific workplace training. After choosing their focus from the options below, students receive language instruction combined with a job-specific training and receive a certificate upon completion. Options include:
- Childcare Level 1 Certificate Training: Child Development Assistant certificate issued by Alberta Human Services.
- Hotel Housekeeping Job Training: Graduation certificate from CIES.
- Warehouse/Logistics Job Training: Graduation certificate from CIES.
In addition to technical skills training, you will also receive a chance to meet employers for workshops, presentations, and mock interviews. CWT students also receive a FREE monthly bus pass while they are enrolled in class.
Is childcare available?
CWT students receive $500/month per child to purchase childcare services from a licensed facility while they are enrolled in class.
When is it?
This program has ongoing intake, meaning students can register anytime.
|CWT Class Schedule|
|6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||—||—||—|
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Westwinds (NE)
- #311, 32 Westwinds Crescent Northeast, Calgary, AB T3J 5L3
- Contact (587) 392-4177
What is the cost?
This program is offered for free with no registration fees.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Must be a Permanent Resident (PR), Refugee, or Live-In Caregiver
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 3 or higher
- No previous employment pre-requisite is required, only an active desire to find employment
- For students enrolling in the Childcare classes, they must first receive a Calgary Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector ($30) & First Aid & CPR certification ($75) before entering the program.
To register for this program, fill out the form below
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, please contact one of the individuals below: