What Is Entrepreneurship Development Training? (EDT)
This project aims to improve the standard of living for immigrants and low-income earning Canadians in Calgary by removing barriers to their entrepreneurial success.
Entrepreneurship Development Training Curriculum
Clients receive 60 hours of training to help with their business initiatives. Training includes:
- Self Assessment & Goal Setting
- Internal and External Environmental Scanning
- Competitor Analysis & Community Resources
- Business Selection
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Management
- Legal and Risk Management
- Record Keeping and Taxes
- Customer Service & Time Management
- Hiring & Human Resources Issues
- Story of a Successful Entrepreneur
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be over 18 years of age
- A Refugee, Permanent Resident, or a low-income Canadian Citizen
- An interest in credit building and the financial systems in Calgary, or a focus on starting (and maintaining) a business
- Commitment to a 60-hour program
When Is Entrepreneurship Development Available?
- Class Intake Periods
- Up to 60 Hours of training
- Monday to Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Where Is This Service?
This program is offered at:
- The Welcome Centre for New Immigrants: 3820, 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9.