What is Advanced Computers?
If you have intermediate computer skills, and you want to learn more, the Advanced Computers program is for you! In this program, you will:
- Learn advanced features of Microsoft Office programs including:
- Microsoft Word: macros, mail merge, tables, forms
- Microsoft Excel: Financial functions, lookups, pivot tables
- Microsoft PowerPoint: posters, hyperlinks, advanced techniques
- Microsoft Outlook: organizational practices, rules, advanced techniques
After completing this program, you will get a certificate of achievement.
When is it?
Classes run for 8 weeks. New classes start every month, so you can register anytime.
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following location:
- CIES Whitehorn (NE)
- 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9
- Contact (403) 291-0002
What is the cost?
Permanent Residents (PR)
Refugees (with proof of status)
|$125.00 + $5.00 Admin Fee|
|$260.00 + $5.00 Admin Fee|
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Open to Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens, Refugees, and individuals with Work Permits/Work Visas
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 4 or higher
- Basic Skills in Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer (or equivalent)
- Successful completion of CIES’ Clerical program, Computer Skills for Employment, OR possessing intermediate computer skills
To register for this program, fill out the form below
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.