What is Clerical Training?
Are you looking for a job in office administration? This program will prepare you for a clerical position in a modern office environment. You will receive a certificate of achievement for completing this program.
There are two parts to Clerical Training:
- 17 weeks of in-class training where you will learn Microsoft operating system (Windows 7, 8, and 10), Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), resume writing, business communications, Canadian workplace culture, and more!
- Optional 80-hour volunteer job placement where you will gain useful Canadian work experience and be able to test out your job skills techniques.
When is it?
New classes start every month. You can register anytime. Please see the class schedule below:
|CIES Forest Lawn (SE) Class Schedule|
|Weekday Options (Choose 1 Day Per Week)||6:00PM – 9:00PM||6:00PM – 9:00PM||—||6:00PM – 9:00PM||—||—||—|
|CIES Whitehorn (NE) Class Schedule|
|Weekday Option A||6:00PM-9:00PM||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|Weekday Option B||—||—||—||6:00PM-9:00PM||—||—||—|
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Forest Lawn (SE)
- 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3
- Contact (403) 235-3666
- CIES Whitehorn (NE)
- 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9
- Contact (403) 291-0002
What is the cost?
Permanent Residents (PR)
Refugees (with proof of status)
|$150.00 + $5.00 Admin Fee|
|$450.00 + $5.00 Admin Fee|
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Open to Permanent Residents, Citizens and Refugees, as well as individuals with Work Permits and Work Visas
- Have basic computer skills (Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, and Internet)
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) Level 4 or higher
To register for this program, fill out the form below
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.