The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is one immigration program that the Government of Canada offers. The Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years and allows parents or grandparents to stay in Canada for up to 2 years per visit.
To apply for a Super Visa follow these steps:
- Download the application package from IRCC.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for a response.
For more information on applying, visit the IRCC website.
If your family member may wish to stay in Canada longer than their visa allows, they should consider applying for permanent residence.
The following websites offer more information on immigration and coming to Canada:
- Parent and Grandparent Super Visa fully describes the Super Visa program.
- Visit Canada will give you information on how to prepare for your trip to Canada.
- Family Class Immigration Overview has information about bringing family members to Canada.
- The CIC Help Centre answers frequently asked questions about immigration.
We at the Calgary Immigrant Educational Society also offer many resources for moving to and settling in Canada.
CIES Guides are a volunteer-led project made possible through contributions from the community.
Thanks to Suman for help with this guide. If you want to suggest a correction to this guide, or want to submit one of your own, please contact us.