We’ve heard a lot of stories over the past 30 years.
Stories about challenge, about success, and about fortitude. This fall, join us in celebrating these stories and our shared history from the past three decades.
To celebrate its 30 years of service for immigrants and low-income Calgarians, the Calgary Immigrant Educational Society will be hosting an anniversary gala on October 30th, 2018 entitled One World Many Stories.
This event will commemorate the Society’s three decades of history and growth from a consultation and translation service in Forest Lawn to one of the city’s prominent language, employment, and settlement service providers. With three facilities, the Calgary Immigrant Educational Society has supported over 250,000 newcomers from 75 diverse backgrounds since its opened its doors in 1988.
Where and When?
One World Many Stories will be held on Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 at the Coast Plaza Hotel with networking at 5:00 PM and the program starting shortly after at 6:00 PM.
What To Expect?
- Welcoming address from members of government
- Multimedia success stories from students and alumni
- Global performances celebrating multi-ethnic backgrounds
- A special performance of the play بالعكس / The Opposite by Sleman Aldib
- Awarding of the Salim M. Sindhu Memorial Scholarship
- Recognition of student excellence
- A multicultural buffet of global flavours
Some Of Our Storytellers
Alongside the music and dance performances, One World Many Stories will have guest speakers from many backgrounds: government officials, refugees, entrepreneurs, and artists. Some of these fascinating individuals include: