What Is CNC (Care for Newcomer Children)?
Since 2003, CIES has offered its Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program, also known as Childminding. The service is free of charge for LINC and EST students’ children between 19 months and 6 years of age. Our CNC program provides activities that are age-appropriate for the participating children.
Our CNC staff plan regular activities that are age-appropriate and sensitive to children’s past experiences while introducing them to Canadian society. To foster respect and understanding within a multicultural context, we encourage children’s creativity while taking into account their variations in physical, mental, and emotional development.
Before a child can be admitted to CNC, parents will be required to provide proper documentation for their eligible child. This includes the child’s current immunization records and their Alberta Health Card.
Am I Eligible?
- Parent must be a Permanent Resident of Canada or Refugee and be over 18 years of age.
- Parent Must be enrolled in CIES’ LINC or EST program.
- Children must be between 19 months and 6 years of age.
- Children must have up-to-date vaccination reports and documentation.
- Childminding is not a daycare service. Parents are required to remain in the building with their children at all times – and vice-versa.
When Is This Class?
- Childminding runs during CIES operational hours.
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30am – 9:10pm
- Friday: 8:30am-4:45pm
- Saturday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Where Is This Class?
- This program is offered at two locations:
- Calgary Immigrant Educational Society: 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB. T2A 7Y3. For more information, call 403-235-3666.
- The Welcome Centre for New Immigrants: 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast. Calgary, AB. T1Y 7L9. For more information, call 403-291-0002.