What is Care for Newcomer Children (CNC)?
Are you a student in one of our LINC programs? Do you have children? We offer FREE childcare if you said yes to both of these questions.
In the CNC program, children participate in age-appropriate activities every day which are designed to help them understand life in Canada. All activities are sensitive to each child’s past experiences and differences in development.
The children in the CNC program come from many different cultures. In the CNC program, we create an environment of respect, creativity, fun, and understanding of differences.
When is it?
CNC runs during CIES operational hours:
|8:30AM – 9:10PM||8:30AM – 9:10PM||8:30AM – 9:10PM||8:30AM – 9:10PM||8:30AM – 11:45AM||8:30AM-2:45PM||—|
|Stampede Break (2 weeks)
July 2nd – July 15th, 2019
|Christmas Break (2 weeks)
December 23rd, 2019 – January 3rd, 2020
Where is it?
This program is offered at the following locations:
- CIES Forest Lawn (SE)
- 1723 – 40th Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2A 7Y3
- Contact (403) 235-3666
- CIES Whitehorn (NE)
- 3820 – 32nd Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T1Y 7L9
- Contact (403) 291-0002
What is the cost?
This program is offered free of charge.
How do I join?
Requirements / Eligibility
To join this program you must meet the following eligibility:
- Parent must be a Permanent Resident of Canada or Refugee.
- Parent must be over 18 years of age.
- Parent must be enrolled in CIES’ LINC, and LINC Literacy.
- Children must be between 12 months and 11 years of age.
- Children must have up-to-date vaccination reports and documentation.
- Childminding is not a daycare service. Parents are required to remain in the building with their children at all times – and vice-versa.
Before a child can be admitted to CNC, parents must provide proper documentation for their child, including:
- Child’s current immunization records
- Child’s Alberta Health Card
What If I Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions about this program, fill out the contact form below.