Did you know that the following hugely successful companies were founded by immigrants or the children of immigrants?
- Tesla/Space X
While you might not be hoping to invent the next Google, maybe you have a great idea and have always wanted to make it a reality? Maybe you’ve always owned your own business, and now that you’re in Canada, working for someone other than yourself just doesn’t feel right? If either of these sound familiar, CIES’ Entrepreneurship Development program might be for you.
What Is Entrepreneurship Development?
The Entrepreneurship development program was created to remove the barriers to YOUR entrepreneurial success. It provides training, education, and guidance on starting a business in Calgary and managing your business’ finances.
In Entrepreneurship Development Training, clients receive 60 hours of training to help with their business initiatives. Training includes:
- Self Assessment & Goal Setting
- Internal and External Environmental Scanning
- Competitor Analysis & Community Resources
- Business Selection
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Management
- Legal and Risk Management
- Record Keeping and Taxes
- Customer Service & Time Management
- Hiring & Human Resource Issues
- Story of a Successful Entrepreneur
The financial literacy part of the program covers:
- The Banking System in Canada
- Building and Managing Credit
- Registered and Non-Registered Saving Products
- Registered Education Savings Plans
- Home Ownership
When and where is Entrepreneurship Development Training?:
- Monday to Thursday, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Welcome Centre for New Immigrants, 3820 – 32nd Street NE, Calgary
The program accepts only 12 participants per class, so hurry! The last day to register is May 11, 2018.
To be eligible for EDT, you must be a Permanent Resident, Refugee or Canadian citizen with a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 4 or higher and a commitment to attend 60 hours of class. This course is 100% FREE.
To learn more and to apply, click here.
This program is funded by: